This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[closed] 2 Step Verification - Backup?

1. patrickhait

With many of the 2 step verification systems that I use, backup codes are offered - just in case the cell phone application becomes unavailable.(Dropbox uses a very long code, Google some 9 or 10 digit codes, etc.). I was wondering if you had any plans to include a backup code to protect against lost or inaccessible phones. Thanks!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

We actually don't have any plan to do that, yet. The reason for this is actually for more security. By having backup code, you'll need to write it somewhere and it is possible that someone found it.

So what happen when you lost your phone and can't login to MachForm anymore?

It's quite simple. One of the big difference between MachForm and most other systems is that MachForm is a self-hosted and you have full control over it. If your machform login is not administrator, simply contact/use your administrator account and temporarily turn off 2-Step verification for that account.

Once you logged in, you can enable it again.

If your login is the administrator, simply contact us directly and we'll send you a simple script to let you turn off 2-step verification.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. jayhoque

I know this is a month old, but I'm going nuts looking for a solution to my issue. This seems somewhat similar to the problem I'm having. I haven't lost a phone or anything. My problem is that Machform doesnt accept any of the Google authenticator codes. Keeps rejecting them as incorrect codes.

How do I get round that?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.